MarketWatch rounds up 10 of its most interesting topics over the past week.
1. What to do after a hot 5 weeks for the stock market
The S&P 500
has returned 8% so far this year, following the brutal 14% decline during the fourth quarter. But Sven Henrich believes stocks are in “a big, fat bull trap” reminiscent of market peaks in 2000 and 2007.
Other warnings about stock valuations:
2. On the other hand…
3. Even people with high salaries have become more likely to rent
4. ‘Hated stocks’ can make you money
5. Don’t shoot from the hip when bashing FIRE
You may question the FIRE movement, but don’t fall for these seven myths.
6. Cruise industry stocks
7. The latest on pot stocks
Marijuana/cannabis industry stocks have staged another amazing run so far this year. Here’s a selection of MarketWatch’s recent coverage of the industry:
8. Considering moving your checking account for a cash bonus?
9. Thoughts about President Trump’s speech
Steve Goldstein believes the State of the Union speech presented a vision of what Trump’s presidency could have been.
10. An amazing record for economic forecasts
Have this weekly roundup sent to your inbox. Subscribe to MarketWatch’s free Weekly Roundup newsletter. Sign up here.