- Leonard Schleifer and George Yancopoulos, the billionaire doctors behind Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, are worth nearly $4 billion combined.
- President Trump took a high dose of the experimental ‘antibody cocktail’ that Regeneron is developing to treat his case of COVID-19.
- Even before he took the drug, the president was friendly with Schleifer.
- Yancopoulos told The New York Times that the president’s request to take the antibody cocktail left him ‘conflicted.’
- Schleifer handles the business end of Regeneron’s operations, while Yancopoulos heads up the medical research needed to develop the company’s products.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The antibody cocktail that President Trump took to fight his case of COVID-19 was the brainchild of a pair of billionaire doctors.
Leonard Schleifer and George Yancopoulos, the leaders of the pharmaceutical giant Regeneron, built a multibillion-dollar company with a reputation for producing drugs at a breakneck pace and built fortunes that rival the president’s in the process.
Representatives of Schleifer and Yancopoulos at Regeneron did not immediately respond to Business Insider’s request for comment on the billionaires’ personal histories, net worths, or careers at Regeneron.
Keep reading to learn more about Regeneron billionaires Leonard Schleifer and George Yancopoulos.