Press release content from Business Wire. The AP news staff was not involved in its creation.
DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Jan 14, 2022–
The “Enteral Feeding Pumps – Global Market Trajectory & Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Enteral Feeding Pumps estimated at US$1.1 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$1.6 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 5.6% over the analysis period.
Neurological Disorders, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 5.6% CAGR to reach US$627.1 Million by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Cancer segment is readjusted to a revised 6.6% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 29.8% share of the global Enteral Feeding Pumps market.
Enteral nutrition is considered to be best option during treatment of central nervous system (CNS) diseases and cancer to prevent nutritional deficiency and to ensure optimal functioning of the organs. Cancer specifically has the potential to cause severe weight loss and malnutrition, whereby it is essential for patients to be administered with nutrient feeding on a continuous basis.
The U.S. Market is Estimated at $398.6 Million in 2021, While China is Forecast to Reach $159.5 Million by 2026
The Enteral Feeding Pumps market in the U.S. is estimated at US$398.6 Million in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 33.97% share in the global market. China, the world’s second largest economy, is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$159.5 Million in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 7.5% through the analysis period.
Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 4.1% and 5.3% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 4.5% CAGR while Rest of European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$171.2 Million by the end of the analysis period. North America and Europe represent the leading regional markets, market growth is being fostered primarily by the development of novel and patient-friendly devices that are integrated with several safety features.
The large and growing population of elderly individuals and their high susceptibility to various chronic illnesses remains a major growth influencing factor for the market. Developing economies of Asia-Pacific and Latin America, meanwhile, are high-growth markets for enteral feeding devices including pumps on account of the expanding elderly population and the growing prevalence of chronic disorders and illnesses, as well as the rising prevalence of premature births in the region.
Select Competitors (Total 55 Featured):
- Abbott Laboratories
- ALCOR Scientific, Inc.
- Avanos Medical, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Cardinal Health
- CONMED Corporation
- ERENLER MEDIKAL SAN. TIC. LTD
- Fresenius Kabi Ltd.
- Medline Industries, LP
- Moog, Inc.
- Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition
- Shenzhen Bestman Instrument Co., Ltd.
- Vygon SA
Key Topics Covered:
II. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic and Looming Global Recession
- 2020: A Year of Disruption & Transformation
- As the Race between the Virus & Vaccines Intensifies, Where is the World Economy Headed in 2021?
- COVID-19 Impact on Enteral Feeding Devices Market
- Significance of Medical Nutrition for COVID-19 Patients
- What is Enteral Nutrition?
- Enteral Feeding Devices: Vital for Success of EN Therapy
- An Introduction to Enteral Feeding Pumps
- Global Market Prospects & Outlook
- Hospitals & Long-term Care Facilities: The Major Users of Enteral Feed Pumps
- Developed Regions Continue to Lead Enteral Feeding Pumps Market
- Developing Economies to Propel Long-term Growth
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Growing Importance of Enteral Nutrition in Treatment and Rehabilitation of Patients with Chronic Diseases Drives Market Growth
- Rising Cancer Incidence and Need for Nutritional Support Supports Market Growth
- Alarming Rise in Diabetes Incidence Worldwide Drives Demand for Enteral Feeding Pumps Market
- Unrelenting Threat of HIV/AIDS Infection: An Opportunity for Enteral Feeding Pumps Market
- Nutritional Management of Patients with Neurological Diseases and Use of EN Therapy Drives Market Opportunities
- Growing Incidence of Pediatric Crohn’s Disease Fuels Demand for Enteral Feeding Pumps
- Enteral Nutrition Emerges as a Key Therapy for Preterm Infants, Fueling Growth in Enteral Feeding Pumps Market
- Shift towards Home-based Enteral Therapy to Propel Growth in Enteral Feeding Pumps Market
- Preference for Enteral Nutrition Over Parenteral Nutrition Spurs Market Prospects
- Role of Enteral Nutrition Therapy in the Treatment of Malnutrition: A Business Case for Enteral Feeding Pumps Market
- Non-volitional Nutritional Support Therapy: Vital for Combating Malnutrition during Hospitalization
- Advancements in Enteral Nutritional Pumps to Boost Market Prospects
- Assessing Safety and Efficacy of Enteral Feeding Pump Systems
- Aging Global Demography and Resultant Rise in Need for Enteral Nutrition Augurs Well for the Market
- Increasing Healthcare Expenditure Creates Conducive Environment
- Major Challenges Facing the Enteral Feeding Devices Market
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
III. MARKET ANALYSIS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/n05e1s
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220114005444/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: MEDICAL SUPPLIES HEALTH
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2022.
PUB: 01/14/2022 01:07 PM/DISC: 01/14/2022 01:07 PM