The school system in Camden, New Jersey has made tremendous progress over the last decade: graduation rates have risen, student proficiency has increased in both math and reading, and over $500 million has been invested to build state-of-the-art facilities for students. This progress has put Camden students on a path towards performing as well as their statewide peers.
Today, Camden’s education system serves over 15,000 students and is comprised of district, charter, renaissance, and parochial schools, and is supported by a variety of institutions, including non-profit organizations, universities, and city and state government.
The Camden Education Fund (CEF) is a non-profit organization founded in 2019 with the goal of sustaining and accelerating progress in Camden’s public school system. CEF works with families, school partners, and community leaders to identify citywide needs in education. CEF then provides grants and develops strategic partnerships with schools, non-profits, and universities to address these citywide needs. CEF fundraises, nationally and locally, to enable these investments in the city. To date,
CEF has invested $12 million to support students, families and schools. The organization is poised to continue supporting the city at this scale in the coming years.
Since its founding, CEF has established itself as a key part of Camden’s school system, surfacing citywide challenges, catalyzing solutions, and investing a broad group of stakeholders in the future of the city’s schools. We work to actualize our vision that Camden will be home to a vibrant public school system that inspires all students and prepares them for success after high school. To achieve this, the
Camden Education Fund spearheads initiatives across five focus areas:
● Talent – recruiting, developing, retaining, and appreciating excellent teachers
● Equity – ensuring a great school for every child and services that meet all children’s needs
● Instructional Quality – providing all students with access to high-quality, rigorous, and relevant curricula
● Engagement – creating opportunities for parents and community leaders to shape a system that meets families’ needs
● Post-Secondary – Developing structured pathways for post-secondary success, including college and career
Camden Education Fund seeks a Manager of External Investments to lead project management across various initiatives, from initial scope definition to execution, in order to advance the organization’s vision. The position will report to the Director of School Investments and support the work to identify, vet, award, and manage investments made in schools and partner organizations.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
● Support the organization’s identification and support of school and citywide needs to inform investment opportunities
● Oversee execution of CEF investments to drive school growth and improvement and address citywide needs, including working directly with grantees to ensure smooth execution, maximize impact, and troubleshoot any issues that arise
● Coordinate with grantees to develop meaningful milestones and metrics and establish strong systems to measure impact
● Create and refine investment management tools and processes
● Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate meaningful insights, surface best practices, and successful models
The ideal candidate should demonstrate a passion for innovating to drive continued progress in
Camden’s schools with proven experience managing high-impact projects.
A successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with at least 2-3 years of direct project management experience and leadership.
We are looking for candidates with:
● Passion and commitment to the mission of improving education for Camden’s youth
● Outstanding project management skills – ability to see big picture and to manage details and project plans
● Demonstrated ability to be self-directed, take initiative, and display follow-through
● Exceptional problem-solving, critical thinking and planning skills
● Strong written and oral communications skills
● Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
● Enjoy working hard and seeking challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; not afraid to take charge of a situation
● Previous or current experience working in Camden schools, or general K-12 education field is a plus
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $80,000 with a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, 401k match at 5%, and unlimited PTO.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and qualified applicants should apply via Indeed.com.
Camden Education Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to building a diverse and inclusive team. As such, it is the continuing policy of CEF to consider all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Project management: 2 years (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote (Based out of South Jersey or the Philadelphia area)